“Don’t let sickness, depression, and disease THUG YOU OUT. Eat healthier, think healthier, speak healthier, and more positively over your life. When you do so, you will soon begin to conquer your life and your health through new found empowerment – mind, body, and spirit.” ~ SupaNovaSlom
Are you someone who fears or hates confronting career and life challenges? Do you dream of a place and time where everything just goes along without a hitch?
If so, I’ve got some bad news and I’ve got some good news.
The bad news is that living a life without challenges is probably not going to happen any time soon. Or if it does, you might be living too small of a life.
The good news is that if you are reading this, you probably want to be up to something big. If so, then there are ways to conquer your career and life challenges with grace and ease.
You first have to ask yourself exactly what you hate about confronting career and life challenges.
- Do you believe they are big, mean, scary thugs out to get you?
- Do you believe the thugs are always going to “win” and you are always going to “lose”?
- Do you duck and cover, hide in the corner, play dead – or do whatever it takes to avoid facing them?
That’s not a fun world to live in. In that world, stress and anxiety are probably your best friends.
What if you discovered that your career and life challenges are not the thugs you think they are? What if the real thug is fear?
You can learn to out-thug your fear. Start believing that even thugs have a purpose. They stretch you and grow you and teach you about who you are and who you are capable of becoming.
You’re right if you think the thug called fear is going to hang around. He’s pesky that way. But he won’t thug you out for long when you’ve got your attention on compelling goals that matter to you. Your courage and power will grow to the point where you can push fear aside and keep on truckin’.
Here are a few secrets for out-thugging fear:
- Embrace your career and life challenges as gifts sent to expand who you know yourself to be.
- Name your fears. Thugs work in the shadows. Call them out into the light. Naming them gives you power over them and they will run for cover.
- Get out of the “mind hell” of worry, over-thinking, and what if. Put your attention on a juicy, fun, inspiring goal, activity, or outcome. Thugs are like bullies. They disappear when they can no longer get under your skin.
- Find allies who have your back and support your dreams. Let them help you chase down your thugs and vaporize them.
- Take action. Thugs can’t keep up with you when you are on the move.
- Have fun with your thugs. Visualize them transforming from being big, scary thugs into becoming funny little gnomes with a squeaky voices that make you laugh. They won’t be able to scare you anymore.
- Repeat these steps whenever fear shows up wanting to out-thug your big, juicy goals and dreams.
I welcome hearing your questions and comments. Share in the comments how you have “out-thugged” fear to conquer a career and life challenge in your life. If you found this article to be helpful, please pass it on to a friend or associate.